Saturday, September 27, 2014

Saturday: Fanmade Fun (AMVs)

A few weeks ago I was looking for something new to listen to.  If I don't have anything in mind, I often search for AMV winners from conventions, since they are usually fun to watch, and I occasionally find a new song to listen to.  I happened to find a playlist with some SakuraCon 2014 AMVs (and others as well), so I'll be sharing a few ones that I really enjoyed.

The first video was really, really upbeat.  "Glam Jam by GuntherAMVs"


I didn't know much about this anime, but Idolm@ster seems to be something focusing on singing performances, and if I were to guess is some sort of crazy competition.  The art looks very clean, and it seems like it might be something different from the other anime I've seen (I haven't seen many anime focused on singing performances, although I know more exist). 

Next Up: Toast!  "A Piece of Toast by Baka Oppai"


This AMV is super-upbeat, which is always a good thing, in my opinion.  This one also has 40 different anime in it, so there's probably something that looks familiar.  I thought segments of it were pretty funny too.  According to the description, the song is also a remix of over 50 different songs, so this AMV is mixing things up like crazy!

Finally: "Spiral Ascension by TheMFJuggernaut" *warning for spoilers for Gurren Lagann*



This AMV is really neat.  First off, no AMV I have ever seen with "This is War" by 30 Seconds to Mars has ever been anything but good.  Secondly, Gurren Lagann has some really awesome fight scenes and stuff to make it very awesome.  And thirdly, the editor did a really good job with timing everything just right.

That's it for this week.

Hope Burns Bright

No comments:

Post a Comment