Sunday, May 11, 2014

Manga Reviews: The Beginning

So as the person starting off the manga reviews for the summer, I figured I'd start with my very first manga.  It was an obscure manga called Desert Coral.  It was 5 volumes in all, and only 3 were ever translated into English (every other language seems to have gotten all 5 though).  But enough about that; lets talk about the story. 
If memory serves, the story was about an average boy from the real world who was summoned to another dimension by a somewhat competent wizard, who then complained that she'd summoned something so useless.  The two of them and the wizard's companions then continued on their quest to defend humanity from a group of monsters with some sort of evil plan.  The series didn't get very far plot wise in the portion I've read, but I expect it would have gone much like other series with the same premise like Zero no Tsukaima or MAR.  It wasn't anything amazing, but it was the first manga I ever read and therefore matters just a little bit.
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=7591


No comments:

Post a Comment